[OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:06:01 -0500
At 06:46 PM 02/01/2008 +0100, Ton Maas wrote:

>After this, I get a message saying "Failed to communicate with the
>server". This is as far as I get. Does anyone out there have similar
>problems and maybe even solved them? I would love to know about it!
>
>Ton

I get the same message on my Dell XPS running Windows XP.  I've yet to
figure out how to make it work, and I've tried it through both my cable
modem and my dial-up 56K modem, with and without Antivirus and firewall
software running.  However, on my IBM Thinkpad running XP with an identical
setup, the updates work fine. I'm using Studio 2.0.  I can't figure out why
this one works and the other doesn't.  Anyone have any ideas?

Steve Troy