[OM] Re: Recommendations for a camera+laptop commute-to-work bag

Subject: [OM] Re: Recommendations for a camera+laptop commute-to-work bag
From: "J. Van Brimmer" <om1md@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 10:31:08 -0800
Thanks Johnny,

Those Fastpacks look interesting. Although I'm looking for something
that looks a little more "business like", I like the way these
Fastpacks are laid out. I'm going to add those to my list of
"Considerables" for a new full time photo bag.

What I'm searching for first of all, is a soft briefcase style bag that
can hold my 15" laptop, my Om1n with lens, another small zoom lens
(35-105), some film  and a couple of filters, AND, still have enough
room for my business papers and various USB devices, flash drives, etc.
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to build
my own bag. Even the camera bags that have a laptop slot don't have
enough room, or the right kinds of pockets, for my other stuff. And
laptop bags don't have enough room for camera gear. So, I've been
looking at bags like this Swiss Army bag:

http://www.swissarmy.com/TravelGear/Pages/Product.aspx?category=businessgearlaptopready&product=32381&;

Although this one is a little pricey for me, it looks like it has the
size I need. I think I'm going to have to get something like this, or a
messenger bag, and put some Domke inserts into it. So, I'm still
looking. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks,
jv

Quoting Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>: Johnny Johnson once said:

> Hi JV,
>
> I missed your first post so I'm not sure exactly what you're looking
> for but - Lowepro has just introduced a new line of bags called
> Fastpacks.  They're based on a similar concept to the Slingshots but
> include two shoulder straps instead of one and the larger bag(s) have
> a laptop compartment.  The product information on the following page
> also includes a link to a video showing the bag in use.
>
> <http://products.lowepro.com/product/Fastpack-350,2087.htm>
>
> The bags are so new that I haven't found a lot of user reviews but a
> few can be found via a search in Google.
>
> Later,
> Johnny

> Johnny Johnson
> Cleveland, GA