[OM] Re: This Day The Music Died

Subject: [OM] Re: This Day The Music Died
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:11:57 +0000
* On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 11:07:25AM -0600, Joel Wilcox said:
> > And Mark Knopfler.  actually, in his case, his technique is very much down
> > to his lefthandedness.
> >
> > paddy
> The idea that technique could be attributable to lefthandedness is
> indeed pretentious.  Does Knopfler actually claim that?

I'm not sure.  I think I'm actually just saying that from watching him
play -- he does play the right way round (no pun intended).  But with an
emphasis on his left hand, as far as I can tell, itjust seems to work that
way.

Whatever it is, I like his playing and have found him about as far removed
from pretence as can be found in the music world.

--
[ "My yellow in this case is not so mellow"                            ]