[OM] Re: This Day The Music Died

Subject: [OM] Re: This Day The Music Died
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 18:57:48 -0000
<snip>

* On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 11:07:25AM -0600, Joel Wilcox said:
> > And Mark Knopfler.  actually, in his case, his technique is very
much down
> > to his lefthandedness.
> >
> > paddy
> The idea that technique could be attributable to lefthandedness is
> indeed pretentious.  Does Knopfler actually claim that?

</snip>

Knopfler is probably the least pretentious person in the (modern) music
world, IMHO.  At the other extreme is someone learning to play the wrong
way round because Jimi Hendrix played left-handed.  Now THAT's
pretentious.

Having said all that, I like them all in their own different ways -
Knopfler, Hendrix, and most of the others mentioned in this thread.  And
I'm lucky enough to be going to see Knopfler at the RAH in May ;-)

Jon