[OM] Re: [OT] PC Question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] PC Question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:05:06 -0800
Ali Shah wrote:
> Just received a new Dell PC. There is one socket for a
> fan which is being used by the CPU Fan. I want to add
> an OCZ memory cooling fan which of course requires a
> fan socket on the mobo. OCZ says that I can use "fan
> headers" off the motherboard. What the heck are fan
> headers?

What you call sockets.

If you want to take care of something that actually may be running too
hot, check your HDD(s). HDTune is freeware that will read the temps.

My Intel board gets all clever to be green and quiet, so it runs the
main fan based on CPU temp. My primary drive was running well over max.
spec. temperature. The box just puts HDs in like sardines and the MB
runs the fan on low. With an empty space under the primary, a separate
fan mounted under it, another under the pair of 500gb drives below and
another exhaust fan that fits in a board slot just opposite the drives,
everybody is running at safe temps now.

Moose