[OM] Re: Interesting fixed FL lens Sigma, with large Foveon sensor

Subject: [OM] Re: Interesting fixed FL lens Sigma, with large Foveon sensor
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:14:12 -0800
I think you are right. I looked at the ISO 400 full size shot of the
HP stand on dpreview and decided to resize it up to 12MP which seems
to be the competition these days, never mind they claim 14.5MP. The
noise was horrible for that ISO. Detail held up pretty well with
similar upsizing on lower ISO images with only a little diagonal cross
hatching.

I would say that the high ISO noise would be not much better than a
better Canon digicam like the G9 with artifacts that people were
willing to accept several camera generations ago, but not now. Too
bad, really.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA