[OM] Re: Interesting fixed FL lens Sigma, with large Foveon sensor

Subject: [OM] Re: Interesting fixed FL lens Sigma, with large Foveon sensor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:29:21 -0800
Tim Hughes wrote:
> As I commented originally, I still think it will be interesting to see how it
> compares to the best
> current P/s cameras when they do a side by side review.  My experience with
> friends "high
> resolution" p/s digitals, is they seem awfully noisey. The sensor sites are
> now as small as
> videocam ccd's.

I don't know if you read my column on looking at the reverse - how good
are the new, uber-mp digicams as 6-7mp cameras when down sampled. I was
surprised at how good the 1/1.7" sensor Canon G9/A650 sensor system is -
better than the F30/31 in many respects.
<http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=168&Itemid=1>

Moose