[OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range

Subject: [OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:58:19 -0500
At 09:45 AM 2/8/2008, swisspace wrote:

>I am seriously thinking of getting the E-3 however money is tight so I
>really can't afford to be disappointed, you E-3 owners have all had
>chance to use it a bit now so I need to know how does the quality
>compare to the others etc - I am only interested in your views on image
>quality, I know what other features and benefits it has such as IS BUT I
>am really interested to know if its a much better sensor than that in
>the E-330.

Hi Ian,

I don't have the E-3, just the E-330 but I haven't read anything that
would lead me to believe that you would see a dramatic improvement in
image quality going from the E-330 to the E-3.  You won't see a
noticeable improvement in resolution and I doubt any improvements in
dynamic range/ high ISO performance will be enough to jump out at
you.  If image quality is the main reason for changing I'd save my
money.  I bet some other List members opinions will differ though.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA