[OM] Re: Sony full frame DSLR at PMA

Subject: [OM] Re: Sony full frame DSLR at PMA
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 19:42:47 -0500
No clue as to the image circle with that thing.? I couldn't find one anywhere
so couldn't ask about it.
I did find that it is a weak TC---about 1.3.? Clearly would perform less well
on FF anyway esp if not stopped down---the latter?should
obviously?reduce/correct vignetting.? I wonder if the 0.5mm difference in
registration distance between Min AF and Canyon?renders an opticless adapter
impossible for the Zuikos.?An opticless focus confirm adpater for the FF Sony
would get my attention.
Mike

Looking at the illustration of the Bower OM adapter on that website, I wonder
whether it vignettes
for longer FL lenses or lenses with a large exit pupil?

Particularly when the body goes to the full frame sensor, that may be a
problem, as the adapter
may only be designed for the cropped sensor.

Tim Hughes

http://webmail.aol.com