[OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range

Subject: [OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:23:25 -0800
> From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I am seriously thinking of getting the E-3 however money is tight so I
> really can't afford to be disappointed, you E-3 owners have all had
> chance to use it a bit now so I need to know how does the quality
> compare to the others...

I'm very happy with mine. That said, the only things I can personally
say it compares favourably with are: 35mm film, E-20, E-300. I have
not used a full-frame sensor.

I have pushed and pulled JPEG shots, and am quite happy with the
dynamic range. I'm sure I'll be happier doing so with RAW images, when
Apple gets around to supporting them in Aperture.

> I am really interested to know if its a much better sensor than that
> in
> the E-330.

It is certainly better than my E-300, as far as image quality. (As far
as weight and size, I think I might hold on to the E-300 for a while.)

> I can't find much info so I assume everyone is really happy or
> disappointed, I hope its the former but i would really like to know

Count me among the "really happy."

:::: Number of developed nations besides the US lacking universal
health insurance coverage: 0
:::: Rank of US among countries that spend the most as a percentage of
GDP on health care: 1
::::     -- Harper's Index
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99-6313-12>