[OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range

Subject: [OM] Re: last plea for quality of E-3 dynamic range
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:53:48 -0800
> From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Why not wait for six to twelve months ........................
> Olympus will
> surely release an E4 or E5 with lots more MPixels.

I seem to recall people saying that after the E-1 came out, what,
nearly five years ago?

Buy what makes sense today, and plan on using it a long time. All this
stuff is as good as 35mm film these days. You didn't see people --
including studios that shoot thousands of rolls -- holding off film
purchase decisions because a new version was rumoured!

Buy what you need, and don't look back. It's all good. Once you
decide, it's going to perform within a few percent as well as anything
else in its price class. You need one now, so just be resigned to new
ones coming out afterward. So don't worry, be happy!

But with this "buy-n-hold" philosophy, I would echo Dan Sepke's
thoughts: go out and handle one. Make sure you aren't totally turned
off by it's feel. Then get it and don't look back. Second-guessing
your decisions only makes you unhappy, when you could be out taking
great photos. Bottom line: it's just a tool. Like a bomb.

:::: Bomb, n. A means of persuasion. When employed by those in power,
its use is customarily termed "in the national interest," and those
who use it are customarily described as "tough" and "courageous." When
employed by those out of power, its use is customarily termed
"terrorism," and those who employ it are customarily described as
"ruthless" and "cowardly." -- Chaz Bufe ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::