[OM] Re: fuzzy as hell (OT as anything)

Subject: [OM] Re: fuzzy as hell (OT as anything)
From: londonjames@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:09:33 +0000
Cc: olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks Jez,
Yes, the difference is pretty obvious. I had an emperor's new clothes
moment where I had Nikon repair telling me the lens was 'within
tolerance' and I was holding an A4 print that looked like I'd used a
soft focus filter. I was doubting my judgement, rational thought
process, etc. I don't know what their bench test does, but I'm sure
it doesn't include taking a picture and looking at it.

I don't have much confidence in the repair service at this point and
I'm probably looking at having to spend another £75 to rent a lens
next week (again), but to their credit they have said they will take
back the lens and strip it down again as I'm not happy. I have to
wonder whether they would do that if they had absolute confidence in
their tolerance specs.

James