[OM] OM-1 Problem

Subject: [OM] OM-1 Problem
From: DACattani@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:09:52 EST

Hi,

Dave in Denver here, back after a lengthy time away taking care of sick  wife
and kid. Reading the archives, I see there's a lot of excitement about the
E-3 and E-510. But I'm still playing with my OM-1. In fact, I bought one on
xbay  that has a defect about which I need some counsel. Look at this photo:

<<_http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/dacattani/OM-1%20Thread/?action=view
&current=TheThread.jpg_
(http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/dacattani/OM-1%20Thread/?action=view&current=TheThread.jpg)

What is that thread? The shutter thread? How did it get here? I've had my
old beater OM-1 apart, but not enough to recognize this problem. Has anyone
tackled it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

48)