[OM] Re: OM-1 Problem

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 Problem
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:17:25 -0800
Dave,

I believe that the string you are seeing is for setting the shutter
speed. when you turn the shutter speed ring it pulls or releases the
string to change the actual shutter speed. I don't think it is too
difficult to fix this but it has been a long time since I have had one
apart. If it were me, I would send the body into John for repair and a
CLA.  I am sure that John H or someone else will chime in here and
correct me if I am wrong in my analysis, and probably give you a couple
of tips if you want to tackle the repair yourself.

Jim Couch