[OM] Re: web site recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: web site recommendations
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 02:45:45 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:
> I should recommend Singapore for a gallery system as it allows you
> merely to fill a folder and display the contents; every time you
> change the contents the web display changes accordingly.

I have images up on my server space using both Singapore and JAlbum.

I find JAlbum both simpler to use and considerably more flexible. The
ability to add or delete images and (re)create and upload only changes
is nice.

Options for displaying metaddata are nice too. With Singapore, getting
nice labels and comments requires editing on the web. Easy enough, but
time consuming. JAlbum can use info in the metadata for that, so any
added labels and comments stay in the image the file, rather than on the
server. To show exposure info in Singapore, you have to enter it - a
drag, whereas you may choose what to display or not from EXIF with JAlbum.

I like Singapore in some ways, but have come to like JAlbum more.

Moose