[OM] Re: web site recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: web site recommendations
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:15:01 -0700
Moose wrote:
 > [about flickr]
> Perhaps a great way to socialize [...]

  I think you've hit the nail on the head there -- the whole point of
flickr is that if you like photos of traffic cones, you can find a lot
of other photos of traffic cones very easily, and chat with people about
how to avoid being run over while taking photos of them, etc. The flickr
APIs are another neat "social" aspect -- for instance:

http://www.krazydad.com/colrpickr/

  is a lot of fun to play with.

 > [...] with postage stamp size images.

  It is possible to have large-sized images there -- here's the current
image from their front page, for instance:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alphageek/233472093/sizes/l/

  is viewable at sizes from thumbnail-sized to the original 3456x2304.
It seems as if most people's images are small, but I'm not sure why that
is the case.

  -- dan