[OM] Re: 90/2 om E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: 90/2 om E-3
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:50:33 -0600
On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Richard Man
<richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of the OM lens that I really miss using is the 90/2 macro. The
>  Leica 90/2 AA is definitely sharper especially wide open but the
>  Zuiko 90/2's bokeh is just oh so smooth.
>
>  Now that I can an E-3, of course I will have to try the 90/2 Zuiko.
>  The IS seems to work fine too with the latest firmware. The focus
>  seems a wee bit off, so must be more careful next time:
>
>  http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/_2120405.jpg

Nice portrait, Richard!  To my eyes, the 90/2 on an E camera carries
through all the virtues associated with it in FF (full film!) use.
Most of the closer work in this gallery was done with E-1 and 90/2:

http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/IRNP/Tobin%20Harbor/index.html

It becomes a nearly 200mm macro (which I used to think would have been
nice to have back when they were still developing the OM system --
like I could have afforded such a thing!).  And speaking of 200mm, the
old Zuikos of that length which were ill-served by the resonance/shake
problems of the OM system really shine on an E camera.

Joel W.