[OM] Re: Olympus re 12-60mm SWD "less than optimal autofocusing response

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus re 12-60mm SWD "less than optimal autofocusing response"
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:42:00 -0700
Geilfuss Charles wrote:

[snip]

>       BTW, there was a $100 rebate offer with this lens when I made my
> purchase. It has been about two months since I mailed in the paperwork
> and still no rebate. Is it usual to take this long?

In the rebate industry, it's not unheard of for rebates to take as long
as four to six months.  However, with the Oly rebates, you should have
received an e-mail with a hyperlink that will allow you to update the
status of your rebate.

In my case, I was supposed to have received the rebate for the E-3 by
January 25, 2008, but when I phoned the rebate centre, they said that
date was only good for U.S. addresses in the lower 48.  Since I'm a
Canuck, they asked me to wait until this Friday (tomorrow), and if I
haven't received the rebate by then, to phone them on Monday whereupon
they would re-issue.

I suspect that, in the case of my rebate cheque, it got lost in the
usual Canada Post "Christmas rush" (which seems to last for several
months and is responsible for an amazing amount of lost stuff
Canada-wide).  I've been bitten by the over-Christmas shipping problem
via Canada Post many times; so have various friends of mine.  I now view
Canada Post's service with a deep and abiding suspicion, particularly
around Christmas.  If I can, I get stuff shipped to me via FedEx or DHL.

Garth