[OM] Re: Protecting cameras from tainted air?

Subject: [OM] Re: Protecting cameras from tainted air?
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:29:35 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Those are a good option - one that size would sell for around $3-400
> here new I think so the last one is not really a bargain...

For what it's worth, the dry cabinet I'm looking at is the AD-050 here:

http://www.cameras.net.au/index.php?cPath=36

I mean, they're not pretty, but for AUS$275 it's a set-and-forget
solution for me, and pretty cheap when set against the amount of money
in the equipment I'm protecting from the year-round humidity and
temperature here (with the convenience of having a handy "camera fridge").

Incidentally, "Wonderful" (not a descriptive; they're the manufacturer)
can be found here if you're after more detailed information and pictures:

http://www.drycabinet.com.au/

It's a Flash-based website unfortunately, and there doesn't seem to be
anyway to link directly to an appropriate webpage, but the navigation is
pretty simple so you'll find it quickly enough. They also make dry
boxes, "safety" camera bags, "safety" cabinets, filing cabinets and
electronic moisture absorbers.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz