[OM] Re: tokina 28-70 or 28-80 comments?

Subject: [OM] Re: tokina 28-70 or 28-80 comments?
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:30:39 +0000
Thanks for the replies.

I have bid on a couple of Tokina 28-70 2.8s but they have gone for more
than I was prepaired to pay.
I had a look again at the 35-105 test results (borrowed Piers lens) and
the two things that strike me is thats its not great at all at f2.8 with
lots of vignetting and that the edges and corners that look totally out
of focus (comparable to say the 24/2 at f2). It takes a long long time
to catch up with the middle. Perhaps I am spolit having lived with a
Tamron 90mm and Tamron 80-220/2.8 for so long. But then I am very very
picky about sharpness and detail.
James

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo