[OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies
From: "Dharma Singh" <dharmasingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:06:51 +0100
2008/2/19, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx>:

> The serial number is on the base plate, the manufacturing code (H 8 1 7 in
> your second example) is on the camera back.  Both parts are very easily
> interchangeable between camera bodies, and there is no way to be sure that
> one was originally installed with the other, whether on the current body or
> not.
>
> --
> Piers

Thanks Piers,

Even if the base plates are not the original ones, that doesn't
explain the drop in the serial number. To me it looks as if some [or
all] factories first continued numbering through from one model to
another and after a while added a 1 before it, which may explain the
numbering of the OM1MDs from the 'H' factory, because you can't
imagine them producing more than 1 million bodies in one month and the
next month maybe a few hundreds.
> OM1MD      425981        Chrome body     H 8  1 7           January 1978
> OM1MD    1440857        Chrome body     H 8 2 6           February 1978
> OM1MD    1441364        Chrome body     H 8 3 4               March 1978

Dharma S.