[OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:59:28 -0000
But I think the fact that the base plates are not original DOES explain the
apparent gap in the numbering sequence.  I suggest that the camera with
serial 425981 in your list does not have its original base plate - it has
the base plate from an older camera.  Olympus did not have the same approach
as a famous German camera maker, who always preserves the original serial
number even if the camera is rebuilt - the serial number is tied only to the
base plate.  Switch the base plates around between two cameras and the link
between the serial number and the manufacturing code is broken.

--
Piers