[OM] Re: HP PC troubles - hard disk errors

Subject: [OM] Re: HP PC troubles - hard disk errors
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:40:06 +0000
Very good news that you had it all backed up.  Others encountering the
same problem might find the Unstoppable Copier useful:

http://www.roadkil.net/unstopcp.html

When I was travelling in South America I burned my digital photos to
CDs, and posted them back home, but still found that they had suffered
from a bit of scratching and a lot of images were not readable - the
same CRC error you had on your hard drive.  But with the unstoppable
copier I salvaged most of them.  I was impressed.

Incidentally, I don't have an ipod so I don't know if this is a really
obvious mistake that most people would never make, but some friends of
friends of mine had a computer stolen, and thought the loss was not too
great as they had all their photos on their ipod.  But then somehow when
they got a new computer, they set it to synchronise the wrong way, and
it deleted all their photos from the ipod instead of saving them to the
computer.

Roger