[OM] Re: E-330 metering

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 metering
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:37:46 -0500
Hi Warren,

I believe that you'll be mostly OK with the E330 metering, at least
in Upper Antelope.  Looking back to my trip there most of the
exposures (with a Canon) were in the 5-7 EV range with only one or
two that were ~3 EV.  You can also try experimenting with a higher
ISO to see how you like the results.  I know that I would be OK with
shooting with the E330 at ISO 200, maybe even 400.

What I would be concerned about is focusing and framing the shots.  I
don't find my E330 to be very good at focusing at low light levels
and live view may not be of much use either.  I'd suggest that you
try your body and lens out in a room where you can control the light
levels and determine if you're comfortable with the results.

If you're interested in looking at a EV/shutter speed/ISO/aperture
reference table go down toward the bottom of the following page:

<http://www.fredparker.com/ultexp1.htm>

Later,
Johnny

At 11:52 AM 2/19/2008, Piers Hemy wrote:

>At ISO100 EV2 equates to 15secs at f/8, Warren, but 2mins at f/8 is EV-1.
>That suggests to me that you will certainly need cloudless weather, because
>the E-330 metering won't keep up with anything darker than 15 secs at f/8 -
>but I can't say if the E-330 shutter and sensor will deal with a 15 sec
>exposure and give acceptable results.
>
>--
>Piers

Johnny Johnson