[OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose
From: "Rickard Nilsson" <rickard.nilsson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:39:25 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, February 20, 2008 3:28 pm, Paul Shields wrote:

> There are some bonuses with DNG - particularly the absence
> of sidecar files that one gets when using some RAW editors.

Actually, I think this is a minus. I want my original files
to be kept unchanged at all times. That way I don't have have
to update my backups, and can easily check files for corruption.
I'm a bit annoyed that Lightroom can't write sidecars for jpegs,
but insists on contaminating my originals with embedded metadata.

  / Rickard