[OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 23:11:25 +0800
Some years ago we had a discussion about file format, some peoples worried
about the camera RAW format's supporting issue and recommend TIFF for
storage. I never worry about that as I'm still using dBase III Plus. Today
you can see dozens of RAW converters supporting all major cameras even the
very old one, on the other hand if DNG don't get support from camera
manufacturers and other software house how long will it last?

In case my RAW images get no support in the future, I can always convert
them to the new format before it happen.

C.H.Ling