[OM] Re: LCD protectors

Subject: [OM] Re: LCD protectors
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:13:23 -0800
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks Dan,
> I've had trouble finding reports that the below gizmo routinely?leaves
> bubbles.? They provide a solution and a squeegee.? They suggest letting
> the?item sit for 24 hours prior to use. They don't provide transmission data
> like the elegant Giotto with AR coatings, but it is MUCH cheaper and does
> look VERY Tough.? Might be worth a try.? Seems excessive to ruminate about
> such items, but may be imp't in?the long run.?Oh, forgot the link last time.?
> I don't own stock---really I don't.
>
> http://www.invisibleshield.com/guarantee/index.php

Cheap enough to be little risk and obviously tough. The free replacement
guarantee, isn't, of course. $3.95 "shipping" is probably about their
all in cost of shipping you the replacement.

I guess I'm easy on cameras, as I have no scratches on any of my camera
LCDs. Or maybe I have, and just haven't noticed. It's all the same to
me. Plenty of smudges on the DSLRs, though. :-)

The A650 LCD can be turned in toward the body and is recessed in its
frame, so it can't get scratched by dust in that position.

On a trip like you are taking, it sounds like cheap insurance. If you
don't like it afterwards, you can just discard it at little loss.

Moose