[OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:24:24 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2008 12:53:51 PM Central Standard Time,
ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My son  sold a computer to someone in Ireland on the Bay before
Christmas  for around 900 jobbies, but insured for only 150.

I would that say whoever made the decision to only insure it for $150  should
suck up the difference between the true value and the insured  value.  I am
assuming the item was well packed by your son.  I suspect  the buyer had
encouraged a stated value less than true value to avoid VAT.   If that is the
case,
even though your son was a coconspirator, I'd say it was  the buyers choice
and therefore his responsibility.  My 2 cents worth   Bill Barber

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)