[OM] Re: LCD protectors

Subject: [OM] Re: LCD protectors
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:03:43 -0800
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks Moose,
> Point taken.? Spotted photos of the Giottos on the 5D---really look
> nice--jewelry like.? Given the price, would be tempted to put a Shieldzone
> version over the Giotto :-).? Appears to be some installation tricks with the
> Giottos with some not adhering well, though suspect problems with them are
> related to owner errors.

It appears they are designed to mount to the frame on those digicams
with recessed LCDs, leaving an air space. That might be problematic in
weather extremes? Would fit fine on 5D, 300D and A710 and leave an air
space on the F30. Would not properly fit a twist & tilt screen like the
A650 because the frame is not flat on one end.

Looks like one would work nicely on the G9. Maybe I'll get the 5D one
for its birthday. :-)

Moose