[OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:15:10 -0500
Yes, if the outer box is crushed, recipient would have to file a claim
with the shipper.  If he didn't save the box, he's out of luck.  Even if
he saved the box, he may have waited too long.
If it was packed improperly, (a computer is kind of a lump that needs
special consideration to keep it from shifting), then it could be the
shippers fault.  Under-insuring is risky.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net