[OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:48 -0800
I admit I fall more into your camp. When I converted to Leopard I had
installation problems with Capture NX and have not wrestled with it
again. Nikon nicely gave me a number to call for help in response to
my email complaint, but I decided to wait until the frustration level
fell. In the meantime I have gone back to ACR. I may be less
discerning than some folks. I am frequently astonished at superiority
claims in comparison images in which I can only see subtle differences
and am not sure which one is supposed to be better. I have
occasionally seen some advantages to NX conversions but I tend to go
for convenience when the quality hit is not a big one.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA