[OM] Re: lightroom vs lightzone vs olymaster vs olystudio vs ps vs captu

Subject: [OM] Re: lightroom vs lightzone vs olymaster vs olystudio vs ps vs capture 1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:28:56 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I will also vouch for PTLens.  I've owned it for nearly a year but until
> just the past couple of days never had lens data for the lenses I use on
> the 5D.  I submitted test images for two OM mount MF lenses (Tokina RMC
> 17/3.5 and Zuiko 24/2.8) and three EOS mount zooms (Tamron SP
> 20-40/2.7-3.5, Tokina AT-X Pro 28-80/2.8 and Tokina AT-X Pro 80-200/2.8.

Oh good. He's loosening up a little form his stated position about MF
lenses to accomodate those using them on DSLRs
> Apart from doing corrections automatically according to a lens profile
> it is also able to correct "mustache" or complex distortion beyond
> simple barrel and pincushion distortion.  That's something that
> PhotoShop can't do.  I wasn't surprised to see mustache distortion in
> the Tokina 17 or the Tamron 20-40 but was surprised to see it in the
> Zuiko 24 as well.

Gary had to say about one of the 24/2.8 SC lenses he tested, "Distortion
= slight waveforming with slight barrel" And about both MC versions,
"Distortion = slight waveforming with distinct barrel"

Different descriptives for the same thing, I think.

Moose