[OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:36:17 +0000
David

Thanks for your advice.  It was in 2 separate communications.  There
was an early notification of the damage (within a week or so), but he
has only just "rejected" the computer and asked for a refund.  The
initial exchange of emails ended with my son's giving him information
about the claims procedure with Royal Mail; which information seemed
to satisfy him for the intervening period.

It was an eBay transaction.  It might have been coincidental, but the
initial photo of the damage showed the computer resting on a concrete
surface ...

Chris