[OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:03:08 +0000
Moose wrote:

> Yeah, I use FastStone, which is much like BB for that purpose, but also
> need bridge to open a JPEG in ACR. I'm not sure I see much advantage in
> that, though.

I use Lightroom as my RAW processor, you can get surprisingly far with
it on its own. But for local enhancements (like the one you did on one
of my Corsica images) I default to PS, or for anything complex that
might require layers. I really like Lightroom, but being a Windows man I
have no option on Aperture; its initial incarnation would have sucked
all the processing power out of this machine, anyway.

If I need a look at a lot of images fast, Faststone for sure. I never do
anything else with it, just scroll through loads of images. It's quicker
and more convenient than either Bridge or Lightroom for that.

D.

--
Donald MacDonald BA DipLIS

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -