[OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 06:52:00 +0000
I too use RAW most of the time but the conversion of the RAW image
goes on behind the scenes, as it were, with the applications I use --
except for Photoshop.

In Aperture, iPhoto and LightZone, the image appears ready converted,
but with sliders available to adjust the conversion if I wish.
Photoshop seems to put another process in the way with its window for
RAW files, with which you have to convert the image to another format
before use.

However, for the moment, neither iPhoto nor Aperture will open E-3
files ... :-(  I have to convert them to DNG to do that.

Chris