[OM] 21/2 v 21/3.5 (was Re: Fremont, Seattle)

Subject: [OM] 21/2 v 21/3.5 (was Re: Fremont, Seattle)
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:40:42 -0500
Just in case some don't make it to the conclusion of the 24mm World Series.? I
bet some like rereading this about the Z. 24/2.8 as much as I do.
Mike

"The bald tally doesn't also tell the story of how
the Olympus and Nikon compare. The Olympus is astoundingly good at
f5.6-8 at distance, and produced the highest resolution captures of
anything shot thus far at 24mm. However, the Nikon gets is own back at
f11 where the Zuiko is over the hill in diffraction terms.

We
should also mention that the stellar little Olympus 24mm thrashed every
other lens it encountered in the group stages of the 24mm World Cup,
can be bought used for less than a decent filter for the 24L, and fits
in the palm of your hand with room to spare. It's a gem.

However, the day surely belongs to the Canon f1.4 L, undisputedly the finest
24mm on earth.

         At least my one is.
Until the Zeiss ZF 25mm becomes available . . . ."

http://webmail.aol.com