[OM] OT and apropos of nothing whatsoever...

Subject: [OM] OT and apropos of nothing whatsoever...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:30:43 +1100
...except lifting of spirits a bit for it is a pleasant and sunny day
and the birds are knocking on the windows demanding dinner.
One of my personal heroes is cartoonist/writer and inspiring oddball
Michael Leunig who has been declared an official national living
treasure. And rightly so. This is his take on our amusing excuse for
a national celebration (about a month ago) and the nature of
Australians - I share it because it is a remarkable story and says
something about the nature of my adopted country. Even at the risk of
damaging my 'grumpy old sod' status. The really good bit is at the
end (page 3).
<http://www.theage.com.au/news/michael-leunig/our-flagging-enthusiasm/
2008/01/25/1201157630672.html>
Andrew Fildes