[OM] Re: OT and apropos of nothing whatsoever...

Subject: [OM] Re: OT and apropos of nothing whatsoever...
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:01:33 -0500
No, it wasn't The Patriot. The movie I can't think of featured
Tarleton as a much older man, a "retired" general serving in
Parliament. Wait! Hugh Grant as that fellow who managed to get
slavery outlawed. Got it! "Amazing Grace." Phew, that's a relief.

Tarleton was The Patriot's main heavy, and while they got his
attitude toward the rebels about right, the movie character was much
older than the real Tarleton, and the movie character got run through
at the end, while the real Tarleton returned to England to live out a
full--if somewhat inglorious life, at least in the humble estimation
of this descendant of rebels.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com