[OM] Re: PTLens bug, was: lightroom vs lightzone vs olymaster vs olystud

Subject: [OM] Re: PTLens bug, was: lightroom vs lightzone vs olymaster vs olystudio vs ps vs capture 1
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:35:59 -0500
Chuck:
I was able to select the OMZ 24/2.8 and OM 35mm camera because I had
never enabled "Detects Camera"). PTLens help repeated below. Otherwise
the OMZ lenses appear under "Canon FF"on the website.

"When PTLens identifies your camera make and model, relevent lenses
appear in the lens drop-down menu. For example, Canon lenses appear in
the menu when a Canon camera is selected. In addition, lenses
manufactured by 3rd party manufacturers such as Tamron, Tokina, and
Sigma are also included. Lenses from Pentax, Nikon, and Olylmpus are not
included.

But what if you want to correct an image taken with a Canon 5D and an
Olympus Zuiko 24mm shift lens? There are two ways this may be
accomplished and both techniques involve hiding the fact that the image
was taken with a Canon camera.

Method 1. Remove exif information from the image prior to invoking
PTLens. In Photoshop choose File > Save for Web. This will strip all
EXIF information. Then load the altered image.

Method 2. In PTLens choose Tools > Options and disable Detects Camera.

With no Camera information PTLens will let us choose any configuration.
For this case we would choose Olympus SLR for Make, 35mm: full frame for
Model, and the Zuiko 24mm shift lens in the Lens drop-down list."

I note there's a listing for a Tokina 17/3.5 ATX, but that's about it
for lenses one would use on an OM..

Martin