[OM] Re: TOPE 33: an open (friendly) discussion

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 33: an open (friendly) discussion
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:47:01 -0700
C.H.Ling wrote:
> I suggest we have to use at least an Olympus lens or Olympus body. This will
> be similar to what is doing now, I wouldn't consider third party OM mount
> lens an Olympus but if the image is shot with Olympus body it is ok.

  Personally, I think this is a good compromise -- I've certainly made
TOPE submissions with non-Zuiko lenses on Olympus bodies, so it seems
reasonable that if someone wants to use a Zuiko lens on a non-OM body,
that should be allowed as well.

  If neither lens nor body are olympus, then (imho) it doesn't belong in
TOPE -- there's nothing to stop someone taking "off-topic" shots with
the same theme and posting them to the list at the appropriate time, though.

  -- dan