[OM] Re: What's your favorite travel diffuser/reflector?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's your favorite travel diffuser/reflector?
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:22:15 -0800
I use a 12" lastolite, primarily in macro work.  I don't have a Ph.D. in origami
and somehow manage to store it - hands 180 degree apart, twist in opposite
directions and it begins to fold into itself.  Good thing, I can never get a map
to fold back up.  Folded dimension is 5 inches across, in its carrying case.

I use a Wimberly Plamp to hold it in place if I want both hands on the camera.
That is not the most stable setup, especially if it is windy.  I would imagine
it would be worse with a larger, heavier reflector.

I agree with Chuck, I'd go with a 20 inch circular for $20 rather than the
triangle job that's more than twice as much.

Jay