[OM] Re: LCD protectors - Glasses

Subject: [OM] Re: LCD protectors - Glasses
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:02:55 +0000 (GMT)
Moose,
Legacy of working in school technology dept. Opted for glass lenses for
their scratch resistance and to offset the weight penalty I opted for
titanium frames. At some time managed to nick top edges of frames above
lenses..without realizing it.Workshop can be hostile environment.
As I only need glasses for closeup / reading use, less than 3ft away I
have got used to sliding them down my nose and looking over them rather
than continually taking them on and off.
This tilt managed to put the "nicked" area into the ideal position to
scratch the screen!  :-(
As a general question how do others cope when wearing glasses and using
cameras.
As I said I am now at that age..56...where my close up/reading eyesight
is suffering especially in LOW light.
I find NO problems with general eyesight..which is very good.
Using OM4Ti or E510 with variable diopter no problems...
Problems occur,especially at low light levels, when I have to read inf
of camera, ie: shutter speed/aperture on my Leica, manual focussing
scale, and information on LCD displays.
This really slows me up and is a  source of much frustration.
If I am reading a book..no problem..I use a good light and my glasses
stay on.
It is the on off nature of close up / distance work that really buggers
me up. I am just not comfortable with glasses for that.
 Just the general decay into "grumpy old man" syndrome I suppose.
      Regards, John Duggan, Wales, UK
 The question occurs to me, why do your
> frames have rough edges?
> Not that the LCD shouldn't be tougher, or perhaps come with
> protection,
> but ones eyeglasses shouldn't be one of the hazards it faces. :-)
> Moose

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK