[OM] Re: Olympus OM-1n Instructions manual hardcopy availability?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus OM-1n Instructions manual hardcopy availability?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 21:26:49 -0800
Leandro DUTRA wrote:
> 2008/3/2, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> In fact, now I finally took the plunge on the OM-1n (with standard and
> macro lenses), I am digging for a reasonable complement of lenses (a
> wide angular and a medium telephoto),
With the OM-1, I like to use the original, light, compact lenses in a
prime kit. 24 or 28/2.8 on the wide end and 80/2 or 100/2.8 for medium
tele. For primarily portraits, I'd go 80/2, otherwise 100/2.8. With my
tele eye, I also like the 200/5 in a compact kit.
> a better flash than the T-20 I already have
Not much point to a T series flash with the OM-1n. The T20 is especially
close to the lens, making it a red-eye monster. The T32 is better, but
why pay for all that TTL circuitry that you can't use?

There is an endless supply of flashes in the more conventional, vertical
form factor that minimizes red-eye, available used for a song. Many have
much more control over output than the T series, which were, after all,
primarily designed for TTL.

I know there's the Vivitar 283 & 285, and various SunPak models. Digging
through a drawer, I find a SunPak Auto26SR with twist, tilt, zoom head,
auto operation with it's own sensor or manual operation with five power
settings from full through 1/16. I can't imagine I paid more than $10-15
for it. More likely came free in a kit I bought for something else.

Dr. Flash will possibly weigh in now. :-)
> , and further down the road a Pen FT.  And if I ever get rich, a Leica MP and
> a M8
Rangefinder, ick.

Moose