[OM] Re: New ColorTester completed

Subject: [OM] Re: New ColorTester completed
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 08:00:15 -0500
But, ignoring the color rendition of the first ACR sample, what accounts
for the significant underexposure?  AFAIK, ACR is calibrated for a
particular camera.  When I open a 5D image in ACR it has the brightness
level pre-adjusted to +50 and the contrast preadjusted to +25.  The
levels display of that image looks exactly like the levels display of
the embedded JPEG shown by BreezeBrowser.  If I then set the brightness
and contrast to 0 I get an underexposed and relatively lifeless display
such as your first ACR sample.  What's the point?

Chuck Norcutt