[OM] Re: DSLR problems (all of 'em)

Subject: [OM] Re: DSLR problems (all of 'em)
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:55:34 -0300
2008/3/2, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I thoroughly understand your point.  But the latest Canon/Nikon/Olympus
>  or whatever is nowhere near as complicated as any of the pieces of
>  software that you've mentioned... yes, even Unix.

There are different kinds of complexity.  With software we don't have
to deal with material fatigue, for example.

>  I haven't seen what I would consider signs of overcomplexity although
>  that might be the case for engineering teams used to the pace of
>  mechanical development and limited systems parts interactions.  But I do
>  see signs of competitive time pressures and lax quality control.  Those
>  are much different animals.

Actually they are interralated.  Lastest designs have lots of
'automagic', and laymen such as dumb herd customers and marketers who
dig their dollars won't wait for things to be properly done, harping
constantly about megapixels and whatever.

--
skype:leandro.gfc.dutra?chat              Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 3040 7300 r155                 gTalk: xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx