[OM] Re: Spring is here

Subject: [OM] Re: Spring is here
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 02:23:50 -0800
Johann Thorsson wrote:
> Some of you have been cursing the white stuff for a while.  I have to admit
> that I miss the snow a bit, but not the cold.
> But for those of you who may think otherwise, spring is here.  It just
> managed to sneak over the Mexico border and enter Arizona, unnoticed by the
> Border Patrol.
> The proof is here: http://www.thufa.net/shared/spring.jpg
> (E-1 with 50mm ZD macro, 1/750, f/8)

Nice image! But why so late? Spring has been bustin' out all over here*.
Flowering fruit trees and some magnolias started about three weeks ago.
Now in full swing. Daffodils are up.

Among all of them is our very own volunteer flowering currant, a native
species.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous&image=crw_0210_16crii.jpg>

A. Flowering Moose

* In Berkeley, northern hemisphere.