[OM] Re: Composition, alignment and maybe some wabi-sabi

Subject: [OM] Re: Composition, alignment and maybe some wabi-sabi
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:47:22 -0600
On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  My tale really starts with this picture:
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/ynqmdz

Thanks for the detailed description, Ian.  It warrants attention.
I've always had a little problem getting things square by eye with
E-thingies, though a spirit level has been more help with the Es than
with OMs (the squareness of whose shoes is always suspect).

The itty-bitty bright spot in your experiment is that LV appears to be
perfect.  Once I got LV, it has become the thing I use whenever I need
to get everything precisely focused and squared up.  While the
possibility of sensors being misaligned is disturbing, I'm not sure I
would ever have noticed it myself because I simply use LV to do a
quick check of the composition.

Yet another reason to regret the loss of the 330's LV mode A on the
current E-thingies.

Joel W.