[OM] Re: Some B&W pics...

Subject: [OM] Re: Some B&W pics...
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:09:28 -0600
        Goes by the name of "Pluff Mud" around here. It is indeed very
soft and sticky and will suck your shoes off in a second. There is a
trick to traveling through it taught to me by my Dad when he and I went
seining for shrimp in tidal creeks. Involves hand dragging a 40 foot net
through the deep part of tidal creeks at low tide. If there is water,
get yourself low and allow the water to support your weight and push
along the mud on the bottom. If you find yourself on the mud, the secret
is to increase your surface area as much as possible by flattening
yourself on the mud surface and wallow along. Impossible to stay clean
but you won't get stuck.
        I just taught my older daughter this trick so she would be
prepared for a 5th grade field trip on a salt marsh ecology.

Charlie