[OM] Re: Some B&W pics...

Subject: [OM] Re: Some B&W pics...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:47:44 +1100
Quicksand is a bit different - that's where you have water welling up
through the sand which makes it tricky and it doesn't look much
different to surrounding firm sand. Not what you find on a trail,
usually. You can get the same effect in a bog with an upwelling
spring. Once the stuff has got a grip, it's astonishing just how
difficult it is to extract an person or object.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx