[OM] Re: New ColorTester completed

Subject: [OM] Re: New ColorTester completed
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:08:50 -0800 (PST)
Dr Flash wrote:
> OK, but now I'm focused on the Oly converted image and have to ask
> how the default saturation setting from CS2 is at all relevant to
> Olympus Viewer?  Show me Oly Viewer defaults.

The Olympus software uses the in-camera settings as the "defaults".
It doesn't change anything on it's own.  Through extensive testing
(700+ images and a month of software tweeking), I found that having
the camera set to Contrast=0 and Saturation=CS2 produced the most
useful standard setting for me. Oh, and I also have the WB offset by
-1 which adds a hair of warmth to the images. This gives me a
relatively close Portra 160NC equivelent in digital.  This is my
standard in-camera JPEG setting.

Just as a side-note regarding this setting--I have sent completely
unaltered in-camera JPEGs to Millers (using these settings) and
portraits/wedding pictures with these images are usually printed with
little to no color/density correction.

AG

Be a better friend, newshound, and